- Set aside 8 nice slices of smoked salmon in the refrigerator.
- In a food processor, purée 200 g of the smoked salmon with the sour cream.
- Bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan and quickly add the onions.
- Stir to coat the onions completely, and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until the onions turn pink. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Dice the remaining smoked salmon slices, except for those set aside, and fold them into the purée along with the capers, onions and tarragon.
- Place the reserved slices on a cutting board and divide the tartare mixture equally between them.
- Roll up the slices and cut each roll in half diagonally. Place 1/2 a cup of mâche at the center of each of the 4 plates. Add 1 roll (2 halves) to the centre of each plate and serve.
Tips and advices
Try replacing the tarragon with fresh dill, or consider using smoked trout in the place of smoked salmon.