Recipe by Josée Robitaille, Consulting Chef
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or microwave.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Using an electric beater, mix the butter and icing sugar.
- Add 2 eggs and beat, then add half the flour, then remaining 2 eggs, then rest of flour. Mix between each addition.
- Add the chocolate to the mixture. Fold in chestnut spread and chopped chestnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8- or 9-in.-square baking pan.
- Bake for 35–40 minutes or until brownies are slightly firm to the touch.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.
Tips and advices
Use three types of chocolate (white, dark and milk) when decorating the brownies. Or, for variation, garnish them with berries!