- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Slice eggplant lengthwise into 8 slices, about 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick. Sprinkle with salt and let drain about 30 minutes.
- Rinse eggplant, wipe dry and dredge in flour.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and fry eggplant until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- For stuffing, in a frying pan, cook mushrooms, zucchini and bell pepper in olive oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Add green onions, remove from heat, then add remaining stuffing ingredients.
- In a saucepan, prepare the Bechamel Sauce according to directions on package. Add chives, pesto and garlic.
- Divide stuffing evenly on eggplant slices and roll up like cannelloni.
- Pour a little sauce into an ovenproof dish; place eggplant rolls side by side, then cover with remaining sauce. Arrange cheese slices on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Tips and advices
Use aged cheddar or Swiss cheese to vary the recipe, or consider making the dish in individual ramekins to create tasty tapas!